Cheese and vegemite pinwheels
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 6 tbsp Vegemite
- 2 cup tasty cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160° fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Spread each sheet with 3 tbsp of Vegemite and sprinkle 1 cup of cheese evenly over each sheet.
Roll each sheet tightly into a scroll and slice the scroll evenly into 12 pieces.
Lie on the tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
This recipe makes 24 pieces.
- I pressed the edge of this together by pinching it. They tend to unroll slightly as the pastry expands during cooking.
- You can add a little extra cheese to the top of these if you want a really cheesy snack.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find more After school snacks
- Lemonade scones
- Finger currant buns
- Hot cross buns
- Chia seed muesli bars
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake