- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 200 grams carton low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 60 millilitres light olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- icing sugar, to dust (optional)
Preheat oven to moderate (180C or 350F).
Line a 30 x 20 cm shallow baking pan with aluminium foil.
Sift flours and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and walnuts, and make a well in the centre.
Whisk yogurt, oil, egg whites and vanilla essence together in a small bowl.
Pour onto dry ingredients, and mix lightly and quickly until just combined.
Spread into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the tray comes out clean.
Leave in the tin for about 15 minutes, then lift out and peel the foil away.
Cut into 12 squares.
Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving (optional).
- This recipe was made for Kidspot, New Zealand’s recipe finder.