Lunch box rice noodle salad
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into wedges
- 1 handful of snow peas, trimmed
- 1 handful mixed sprouts
- 1 cup rice noodles, cooked and chopped into small lengths
- 40ml (2 tbsp) fish sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lime juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Combine the salad ingredients in one large bowl.
Divide this among your lunch boxes and reserve the rest to stash in the fridge.
Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
Pack the salad with the salad dressing separately.
More salad recipes
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad
- You can add some protein to this salad by adding a small tin of tuna, some shredded chicken breast or some poached salmon.
- You can buy small individual salad dressing pots in the supermarket.
- If you are serving this salad to children, just make sure you portion it small so they don’t get overwhelmed at lunch time.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.