Prosciutto and egg pies
- olive oil spray
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
Pre-heat oven to 200°C conventional or 180°C fan-forced and lightly oil six holes in a one-cup capacity muffin tin with olive oil spray.
Cut prosciutto slices in half and lay each half in a criss-cross pattern in muffin tin.
Sprinkle spinach evenly in base of each prosciutto-lined hole and crack an egg on top of each. Top with parmesan and season to taste.
Bake for 10 minutes or until egg has just set.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Find related pie recipes
- Baby lamb balti pies
- Bacon and egg pies
- Beef and onion pie
- Beef Bourguignon Pies
- Breakfast pie
- Cheaty chicken pies
- Chicken and corn pie
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken party pies
- Chicken pie
- Chicken shepherd's pie
- Cottage pie
- Bake for slightly less time to keep the egg yolks a little runny and have some sour dough bread to hand for stylish egg and soldiers. Yummo!
- If you don't have any prosciutto, you can use bacon rashers in their place.
- You will need to try and ensure there aren't any gaps so use a little extra prosciutto to line the tins if you need to.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.