Easy egg pikelets
Makes 12-16 pikelets
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp pouring cream
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place each in separate medium mixing bowls.
Mix cream and flour with egg yolks, season and set aside.
Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks then fold through the egg yolk mixture.
Bring a frying pan to medium heat and spray with coconut oil spray, or wipe some butter around the base and sides with a piece of paper towel.
Dollop tablespoons of pikelet batter into the pan. Cook for one minute then, very gently, flip and cook for a further minute, and serve.
- Add grated cheese or finely shredded ham to the egg mixture, if you fancy.
- Alongside some steamed veggies or quickly boiled frozen peas and corn, this would be a very suitable quick and simple dinner for fussy little ones.
- These Mini quiches with hidden veg, are another excellent way to tempt reluctant eaters. Be warned: they'll definitely be coming back for seconds!
- This Simple Spanish omelette is a fab example of how to get a healthy family dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
- Got guests coming over this weekend? These Golden brunch puffs are the perfect way to impress your visitors.
- Get your eggy fix with this yummy Breakfast pie, made with crunchy filo pastry.
- This super-easy Egg custard means that you can make your own baby food, and know exactly what goes into it.
- Try Scrambled eggs with basil, garlic and tomato and you'll never settle for the boring version ever again. So yum.
- The novelty factor of Eggs baked in tomato shells means that there'll be clean plates all round, every time.
- Add a splash of serious colour to the dinner table, with this gorgeously green Pea and asparagus frittata. Eat it hot or cold – it's divine both ways.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.