In this clever Lunchtime Hack from Jax Hamilton and Best Foods mayonnaise, you can make guacamole that can be stored in bags in the freezer!
Social media star and creative foodie genius Jax Hamilton has teamed up with Best Foods, makers of New Zealand’s favourite mayonnaise, on a mission to make school lunches a fun (and easy) experience for both parents and children, by sharing the ultimate time saving hacks (or Hax!) and delicious recipes.
This hack is fun, healthy and saves time when putting sandwiches together. The Best Foods mayonnaise and guac has an instant flavour, is nice and healthy and will last in the freezer for up to one month. Plus, it’s a great way to use up ripe avocado.
Guac for Later
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and mash avocados (a great job for the kids)
- Mix through the Best Foods mayo and lemon juice. Taste and season.
- Spoon into a Glad bag. Before sealing, flatten with your hand so the mixture is level. Remove as much air as possible then seal.
- When ready to use, defrost in the fridge, snip the edge and squeeze onto your sandwiches.
Recipe provided by Best Foods NZ
Here’s another great Jax Hax!