If you’re struggling to find the perfect gift this year, why not give the gift of reading? Books make a great standalone gift and are a great addition to any stocking stuffers. No matter how big or small their imaginations may be, little readers can find joy in reading a new book.
If you need a little inspiration, we’ve curated some of our favourite titles of 2020 for kids and thrown in a few ideas for adults too.
Must-have reads for Kiwi kids
Let their imagination run wild with these wonderful books. Go on an adventure with a monster, help them hone their cooking skills and meet a very naughty shadow along the way.
- Edmonds My First Cookbook by Goodman Fielder: EDMONDS MY FIRST COOKBOOK is a brilliant fully illustrated cookbook aimed at children taking their first steps at independent cooking.
- Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend: Morrigan Crow faces her most dangerous challenge yet in her latest Wundrous adventure. The highly anticipated third book in the award-winning Nevermoor series from one of Australia’s best selling and most loved authors.
- The Ickabog by J.K. Rowling: The Ickabog is coming… A mythical monster, a kingdom in peril, an adventure that will test two children’s bravery to the limit. Discover a brilliantly original fairy tale about the power of hope and friendship to triumph against all odds, from one of the world’s best storytellers.
- Elephant Me by Giles Andreae: The empowering story of little elephant Num-Num, who discovers the importance of simply being YOU! From the creators of international bestseller and much-loved classic Giraffes Can’t Dance.
- The Good Old Looky Book by Donovan Bixley: Award-winning illustrator and author, Donovan Bixley returns with a new puzzle book in The Looky Book series. Travel through time and explore the history of Aotearoa within 11 awesome puzzles that are bursting with information.
Must-have reads for adults
Whether you know someone who loves a great romance or a murder-mystery is more their style, there is a little something for everyone here. These books make a great gift pack when paired with mug and some of their favourite sweet treats.
- The Return by Nicholas Sparks: The New York Times and international number one bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with a powerful new love story.
- Home Stretch by Graham Norton: In the compelling new novel, HOME STRETCH, Graham Norton demonstrates his keen understanding of the power of stigma and secrecy – with quietly devastating results.
- Murder On Mustique by Anne Glenconner: Warm, witty, surprising and endlessly entertaining, Murder on Mustique draws on Lady Glenconner’s wealth of knowledge about the island and love of storytelling to create a gripping murder mystery. It delivers perfect escapism!
- Tiny Pieces of Us by Nicky Pellegrino: From bestselling author Nicky Pellegrino comes a magnificent novel about the unexpected ways in which our lives weave and tangle, and the bravery we find in the most difficult circumstances.
- The Awakening by Nora Roberts: The bestselling author of the epic Chronicles of The One trilogy, returns with the first in a brand new trilogy where parallel worlds clash over the struggle between good and evil.