Promotion for NIVEA SUN Sensitive Protect
Kiwis know the importance of taking care of their skin in the New Zealand sun, but for those with sensitive skin it can be tricky to find suitable sun protection and keep your skin in great condition.
If you or your child are one of the many with sensitive skin, remember to follow these skincare tips in summer.
- Avoid the harshest of the sun’s rays by staying out of the sun during the hours of 10am to 4pm
- Seek shade as much as you can, and cover up with clothing
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses when outside and wear a rash top whilst swimming
- Choose a sunscreen that moisturises and is formulated for sensitive skin
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before heading outside, and reapply every 2 hours, or immediately after swimming or exercise
- Turn down the heat in the shower or bath during summer so your skin isn’t irritated or stripped of essential oils
- Vitamin E is great for skin health during summer so snack on hazelnuts and almonds which are high in this vitamin
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water to replace fluids lost in the summer heat
Ingredients to look for in sensitive sun products
Robyn Hutch, NIVEA’s skin care expert, shared these tips for selecting sunscreen.
“When choosing a sunscreen there are two important factors: Protection and skin feel. Protection is provided by UV filters and these ingredients are declared on the product packaging. The range and quantity of UV filters used dictates the SPF level. Skin feel is important as well because a sunscreen should be pleasant enough to encourage use. A sunscreen will not provide the intended protection if it is not used sufficiently or has an unpleasant texture that leads to insufficient application.”
“If you have sensitive skin however, you could additionally try looking for a product specifically targeted to sensitive skin or that is even fragrance-free. If you are ever concerned about having a reaction to a sunscreen always perform a usage test on a small area of your inner forearm before applying to the rest of your both.”
These sunscreen ingredients can be helpful for those with sensitive skin:
Aloe Vera: Heals and soothes the skin.
Chamomile: Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. It can neutralise skin irritants and refresh sensitive skin.
Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps protect and repair the skin.
Sun protection for sensitive skin from NIVEA
New NIVEA SUN Sensitive Protect SPF50 offers UV protection for sensitive skin. The non-greasy formula helps to soothe and calm reactive skin with Aloe Vera and Chamomile. Plus, the formula with moisturising Vitamin E helps protect and repair the skin by keeping it hydrated resulting in it being less vulnerable to sun damage. NIVEA SUN Sensitive Protect SPF50 is:
- Skin compatibility dermatologically approved
- 4 hours water resistant
Protection for our sensitive environment too
Global climate change is raising the temperature of our oceans at an alarming rate and our ocean reefs are suffering. Studies have shown that some chemicals used to filter UV light can damage coral and may threaten other marine life. As a result, the Hawaii Reef Bill was passed to ban the UV filters, Oxybenzone and Octinoxate. The NIVEA SUN range is 100% compliant with the Hawaii Reef Bill.
For more information visit www.nivea.co.nz
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. PROLONGED HIGH-RISK SUN EXPOSURE SHOULD BE AVOIDED. USE IN ACCORDANCE WITH DIRECTIONS IS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE SUN PROTECTION.
Written by Kidspot NZ with information provided by NIVEA SUN.