Consistently managing your kids screen time is a seemingly impossible task. Determining how much or when it’s OK is problematic as the screens play a diverse role in your child’s life including being used for social contact, leisure time, homework, research and study, babysitting and plain old time wasting. Depending on their age and stage each of these uses may be of more relevance at different times.
It’s not just the kid’s phones either – it’s their laptops, the family PC, the gaming console, the family iPad and even their internet capable kindles that also needs to be taken into account. Where there’s a will to get online there’s definitely a way!
We have all seen and heard opinions on how much is too much screen time, the horrors of what kids may stumble across or be subjected to, and the emergence of worrying negative effects on behaviour after extended screen time. In addition, parents also are confronted by the risk of the home network being compromised.
We are concerned about the risks of screen use – but can feel powerless or confused about how to actually easily manage it without conflict.
The simple solution
The whimsically named Fingbox is an easy-to-use device that has a range of features to help you manage your children online and also the threats to your internet safety at home.
• Fingbox is easy to set up and use (Plug and Play, online in less than a minute)
• You are able to block a device from internet access. This can be on demand or at prescheduled times and can be done remotely (even when you are at work). You can block a particular device from accessing the internet over a fixed period or for a few minutes
• For those children who thrive with clear boundaries, you can set daily schedules of internet access
• Fingbox will watch over your home network, detect intruders, block devices and analyse the quality of your Wi-Fi and internet connection
• If you ever get frustrated that you have rung, texted, messaged and snapchattted your child to check they are home safely only to be ignored, the ability to remotely see who is using the home network (including which of their friends) and to receive alerts will be welcome
• One off purchase price – there are no ongoing subscription costs
These features will allow you to easily manage your children’s devices and the home network without conflict – no more dragging the phone from unwilling fingers!
Fingbox can allow children to become used to having no internet access as a ‘go to’ and in so doing, encourage them to enjoy other activities and family time.
Visit Fingbox online for full details on its features and you can also join the Fingbox Facebook group to connect with other parents managing the screen challenges in their home.