Bacon leek pasta
- 300g bacon, diced
- 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 200g pasta such as penne
- pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese, finely grated
Cook the bacon in a frying pan with a little oil for a minute. Add the chopped leek and frozen peas to the pan.
Meanwhile put the pasta on to cook, according to directions on the packet. Reduce the heat and add the sour cream slowly, stirring to make a sauce and season with pepper.
Drain pasta completely and combine with sauce. Serve immediately with parmesan.
- You can leave out the parmesan if your children are fussy.
- Use a pasta with holes in it such as penne so the sauce can get inside.
- I use free-range bacon for ethical reasons and flavour.