This delicious and wholesome blueberry muesli loaf cake is a bit like banana bread, but the addition of blueberries and muesli make it especially delicious. Its perfect for lunch boxes or after school snacks.
- 3/4 cup (180g) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 2 bananas)
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup muesli
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm loaf tin and set aside.
Cream butter and sugars until pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add mashed banana and beat well. Fold through flours and baking powder along with the milk. Finally, stir through the blueberries and half the muesli, reserving the other half.
Scrape mixture into prepared tin and smooth down the top. Sprinkle remaining muesli evening over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Serve warm slices as is, or spread with butter.
Find more After school snacks
- Buttermilk scones
- Bacon, cheese and avocado melts
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Lemonade scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Nut-free muesli bars
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Easy cinnamon and current scrolls