Caramello egg brownies
- half a cup butter
- 1 and a half cups sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 and a half cups self raising flour
- half a cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 12 Cadbury Caramello eggs
Preheat oven to 180C
Lightly grease a slice tin (33 x 23 cm) with butter and line it with baking paper.
Melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave.
Using a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together, add vanilla, flour, cocoa, salt (optional) and the melted butter next. Mix this together and gently pour the mixture into the tin.
Unwrap the foil from the Caramello eggs and place them at even intervals into the mixture.
Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes at 180C. You can test if the brownies are cooked through by inserting a wooden skewer into the centre of the tin. If it comes out clean, they’re ready to be taken out of the oven.
Let the brownies cool and dust with sifted icing sugar.
- If you like a denser, gooier brownie, remove from the oven a little earlier.
- This is a great one to make with kids – they love unwrapping the foiled eggs and adding them to the mixture!
- Be sure to let the brownies cool completely before eating as the hot mixture can burn little tongues.
- This is a fantastic Easter recipe. Serve each brownie with a shiny wrapped Caramello egg on top.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.