Chargrilled lamb and vegetables
- 400g lamb fillet or backstrap
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half a teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 red or yellow capsicum
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dukkah (optional)
- Canola Oil Cooking Spray
Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Slice eggplant lengthways into 3-4mm strips. Brush with some of the oil and sprinkle with cumin. Spray chargrill with the cooking spray and chargrill 2 – 3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate, slice capsicum from stem into 4 flat sheets. Chargrill 5 minutes each side until tender. Transfer to plate with eggplant.
Season lamb with salt and pepper. Spray chargrill with Canola Oil Cooking Spray and cook for about 5 minutes each side (this will be medium-ish) or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for a few minutes, then thickly slice.
Combine roasted vegetables with cucumber, parsley and lemon juice. Place vegetables on serving plates, top with lamb and sprinkle with dukkah (if using).
- I was on a bit of a chargrilling mission with this dish. If you dont have a chargrill pan or plate, just pan fry the lamb and spray with Canola Oil Cooking Spray. You could roast the capsicum and eggplant (or buy from Deli) or just serve with a simple tomato and cucumber salad.
- For a more child-friendly dish, thinly slice the cooked lamb and mix it through roasted vegetables or salad. Leave out the dukkah and cumin.