Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- half a cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- half a cup celery, sliced
- half a cup pecans, chopped
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- half a teaspoon curry powder
Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder in a large mixing bowl.
Add all other ingredients and stir to coat in mayonnaise dressing.
Cover and chill until ready to serve. Simplicity itself!
- I usually use low-fat natural yoghurt instead of mayonnaise
- Increase, decrease or omit the curry powder to suit your familys taste.
- This is a wonderfully crunchy, chewy meal, which may not suit some young jaws!
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.