Chicken and grape party sandwiches
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups barbecued chicken meat, chopped (roughly 1⁄2 a chicken)
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup green and red grapes, halved
- 14 plain white bread slices, crusts removed
In a small bowl, lightly whisk sour cream, lemon juice and a pinch of seasoning In a large bowl.
Mix together the chicken, almonds, tarragon and three-quarters of a cup of the grape halves.
Lightly fold the cream mixture into the chicken mixture and divide three tablespoons of filling between seven slices of bread.
Top with remaining bread slices, cut into quarters and place on a platter. Scatter with remaining grape halves to garnish.
- If the kids are taking these to school, you might want to omit the almonds if there’s a no nut policy in place.
- Use fresh parsley in place of tarragon if you don’t have any to hand, although a teaspoon of dried tarragon would work just as well.
- This recipe was created by Australian Table Grapes.