A really easy chicken pie that is packed full of chicken and vegetables and made with puff pastry. This family favourite dish is budget-friendly too.
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 400g of chicken breast
- 2 cups frozen diced vegetables
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 egg yolk
- Lay the pastry out to defrost.
- Preheat oven to 180C (160 fan-forced).
- In a frying pan cook the chicken until it is just done and shred while hot with 2 forks.
- In the same frying pan cook the onion until translucent and add the rest of the vegetables with the cream of chicken condensed soup. Add the chicken and bring to the boil.
- Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and place a layer of pastry in the bottom.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture on top of the pastry and top with the second sheet of pastry.
- Press edges together and trim off excess pastry.
- Seal edges with the tines of a fork and brush the lid with egg yolk.
- Poke a few vent holes in the pastry with a sharp knife.
- Cook for 30-40 mins.
- This pie was so easy! Even if you’ve never attempted to make a pie before you’ll be able to make this.
- Pies are a great way to use up those leftovers! Made too much bolognese? Great! Here’s an easy recipe for pasta bolognese pies. Likewise, scoop your leftover beef casserole into these delicious meat pies and you’ll have a tasty weekend lunch for the family.
- If you found this pie a cinch to make, you’ll never bother buying frozen party pies again, either. Check out these simple recipes for little meat pies or chicken party pies which can be made in a muffin tin.
- Cheaty chicken pies are also quick to whip up if you’re short on time.
- If you don’t have chicken defrosted, but have some fish handy, these fish and potato pies are delish and so easy to make.
- This chicken pie is ideal for lunch or dinner, but if you’ve made brunch plans with friends, these scrummy potato, bacon and egg pies are the perfect not-quite-breakfast and not-quite-lunch thing to serve.
- This recipe was created by Kidspot social mum MrsMummy and tested by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot.