Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup
- 1 leek, cleaned and white part finely diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 BBQ chicken
- 1 x 425g tin creamed corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
Cut all the white meat from the BBQ chicken. Remove the skin and then cut the meat into small bite-szed pieces. Set aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add leek and cook until transluscent.
Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Turn down heat to a simmer then add the chicken pieces and the creamed corn.
Stir through and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Take off heat and using a fork, gently stir the soup as you add the beaten egg in a continuous stream. Continue stirring the soup with the fork for another minute once all the egg has been added.
Serve immediately with a small handful of chopped spring onions as a garnish.
Related fast dinners recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
- If you like to order Chicken and sweet corn soup in chinese restaurants, then you’ll LOVE this soup. It tastes exactly the same as the professionally made variety!
- It is really important that you take the soup off the heat when you add the egg – this way, you’ll get long strands of egg in the soup. In fact, the egg almost resembles super-thin noodles.
- This soup tastes very zen and good for you – I almost feel guilty that it is so easy and quick to make.
- My kids love this soup as the chicken pieces provide something for them to get their teeth stuck into!
- You could twist this soup up a bit by adding asian noodles and fancy herbs but I find that it is perfect as it is.
- This Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’såÊbest recipe finder.