Fast fruit tarts
- 12 frozen sweet tart cases
- 50g good quality dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- 500g prepared thick Vanilla custard
- strawberry and peach slices to decorate
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place frozen tart cases (still in foil) on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Spread about half a teaspoon of melted chocolate over the base and sides of the tart case. Allow to set.
Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of custard into each case. Top with fruit slices.
Warm the jam in the microwave for about 20 seconds until softened and brush over the fruit. Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate until needed.
- I love the look of the petite French fruit tarts, but who has the time to make the pastry, blind bake and make the custard? Problem solved with a few short cuts. Enjoy.
- The frozen sweet tart cases are usually near the frozen berries at the supermarket, but not all supermarkets have them and mine only some of the time!
- The chocolate adds a little something to the flavour and also keeps the tart cases crisp for longer.
- I used the fruit I had in the house, but also try apricot, kiwi fruit, grapes or raspberries (maybe with chocolate custard… mmm)
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.