Frozen chocolate cheesecake bites
Makes about two ice cube trays full
- 250g cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tbs honey
- light vegetable oil spray
Step 1. Chill one ice cube tray in the freezer before you begin.
Step 2. Make the cheesecake part of the bite, by combining the cream cheese, sugar and yoghurt. Mix with beaters until thoroughly combined.
Step 3. For the chocolate, combine the coconut oil, cocoa and honey. You may need to melt the coconut oil if it has hardened in the jar. Zap it in the microwave for about a minute. It will reset itself once back at room temperature so you need to work quickly.
Step 4. Get the ice cube tray out of the freezer and spray it with oil.
Step 5. Drop about half a teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each ice cube hole. Swirl it around to get the some of the sides coated as well. The coconut oil will make the chocolate harden almost instantly. Try to create a nice thin coating in the base of the ice cube shape.
Step 6. Follow up with a dollop of cheesecake mixture into each cube. Leave room for a thin layer of chocolate on the top.
Step 7. Drizzle chocolate over the top of each cube.
Step 8. Freeze for two to three hours.
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies
- You can make the recipe lower calorie by using low fat cream cheese and low fat yoghurt.
- You'll find jars of coconut oil in the health food section of your supermarket.
- I used an ice cube tray with smaller-sized cubes and a silicone base. The silicone base made it easier to get the bites out once they were frozen. The smaller cube size made the bites perfectly "bite" sized.
- These are an easy petit fours-style dessert for casual dinner parties.