- 1 seedless watermelon, halved lengthways
- 1 honeydew melon, seeds removed and cut into 0.5cm-thick slices
- 1 rockmelon, seeds removed and cut into 0.5cm-thick slices
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled
Cut one watermelon half into 0.5cm-thick slices. Place the second half cut side down on a platter to use as the base for the skewers.
Cut the honeydew melon, rockmelon and watermelon slices into heart and star shapes using small cookie cutters.
Thread the melon shapes onto the skewers then push into the watermelon base.
Top each skewer with a strawberry.
- You can make up the skewers ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap, assembling them just before serving.
- Add a marshmallow to each skewer as a special treat.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find related kids party recipes:
- Turkey sausage rolls
- Chocolate balloon bowls
- Frog in the pond cupcakes
- Funny face biscuits
- Fairy birthday party cake
- Sleepy Tiny teddies
Browse more party food on a stick recipes:
- Marshmallow people
- Biscuit wands
- Banana sticks
- Cake pops
- Rainbow lollipops
- Traffic light cake pops
- Pizza pockets