These garlicky Hasselback roasted potatoes are a great side dish. They have a crunchy top with a delicious garlic and rosemary flavour.
- 8 potatoes (we used Nadine variety)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
Hasselback potatoes recipe
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Cut potatoes into thin slices, without cutting entirely through the slice to separate.
Mix the oil with the garlic and brush into the spaces in the potatoes.
Sprinkle with rosemary and salt and pepper.
Bake for 45 minutes.
- If you place an old chopstick on either side of the potato it will stop the knife cutting all the way through the potato.
- I like to make sure the garlic is crushed well and sometimes I even grind it in a mortar and pestle with the oil so it releases its full flavour.
- Be generous with the salt and pepper and try to use freshly ground as it gives the best flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot.
Read more on Kidspot: