Healthy lunch box muffins
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250mls) milk
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 apples, grated
- 2/3 cup sultanas
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Microwave cream cheese for one minute to soften slightly. In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese with eggs and milk until smooth. Whisk in flour and cinnamon. Stir through carrot, apples and sultanas.
Grease a 6-hole Texan muffin tin (or a 12-hole normal muffin tin). Distribute batter evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Feta and spinach muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Wholemeal pear and ginger muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Anzac muffins
- Banana and maple syrup muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- Try replacing half the flour with wholemeal self-raising flour for an even healthier muffin.
- You could also add grated zucchini or some shredded tasty cheese to the batter.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.