- 1 quantity of healthy corn chips recipe
- 1 cup (100g) low-fat cheddar cheese
- 200g black beans or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (100g) medium avocado, sliced
- 4 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 2 large (350g) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 (50g) green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 (50g) red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 (40g) small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix salsa ingredients together and set aside.
Heat grill to hot. Make sure your plates are ovenproof.
Place a layer of tortilla chips on a plate, add a light sprinkling of cheese, followed by beans and some salsa. Continue to layer.
Place in the oven and grill for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
Serve with a dollop of salsa, slices of avocado and a little light sour cream.
Find related healthy dinner recipes
- Fish in foil
- Pan-fried lamb salad
- Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Turkey and mango parcels
- Spring lamb with dukkah yoghurt
- Vegetable tagine with couscous
- Creamy low-fat custard
- Healthy roast lamb
- Beer can chicken
- Tom yum soup
- Chicken in Oyster sauce stirfry
- Olive slices and a little Tabasco in the salsa will give this an adult flavour.
- You can choose to make individual servings of this recipe or make a large plate to share.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Jay atåÊThe Moodie FoodieåÊand onåÊFacebook,åÊTwitteråÊoråÊPinterest.