Homemade bliss balls
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut, for rolling
Place all the ingredients, apart from the coconut, into a food processor and whizz for 45 seconds, or until the mixture looks like small, dark breadcrumbs.
Remove mixture from processor and empty into a bowl.
Scoop up little handfuls of the mix, squeeze together and roll into small balls. Then roll each ball through the desiccated coconut.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Find more snack ideas
- Avocado salsa dip with corn chips
- Baguette with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Cake in a mug
- Cereal balls
- Cheesecake in a mug
- Grilled pizza delight
- Cheaty cheese and bacon rolls
- Nutella twists
- Potato chips
- Salami Subs
- Spiced jaffa hot chocolate
- Kids love to get their hands sticky, so let them help you roll the mixture into balls.
- If you'd like some added crunch, swap the seeds for your favourite nuts.
- Get super-organised, make a double batch and freeze some for later!
- This recipe was created by Meagan Wilson for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Meagan at This Whole Family.