You can buy hummus but homemade is so easy to make and very economical – and it’s a great addition to this salad wrap.
Makes 2 Wraps
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Tip Top Supersoft or Oatilicious wraps
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
Place the chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, salt, cumin and 2 tablespoons of water into a food processor and pulse until well mixed and almost smooth. If the consistency is too thick then add a little more water and pulse again. Lastly mix in the olive oil.
Spoon the hummus onto each wrap making a line close to one edge and cover with carrot and lettuce.
Roll up tightly.
Store left over hummus in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week.
Find more Tip Top Wrap recipe ideas:
- Toasted Hawaiian Wrap Melts
- Meatball and Tzatziki Wraps
- Popcorn Chicken Wraps
- Cheesey Tuna Wrap Melts
- Teriyaki Chicken Wraps