Incy mincy fried rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices short rind bacon, chopped
- 600g heart smart beef mince
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 6 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
Heat a large non-stick frypan or a wok over high heat.
Add the oil and bacon, cook for 2 minutes until bacon is golden brown.
Add onions and mince and cook for 5 minutes or until meat is browned.
Use the back of spoon to break up lumps of meat – we don’t do lumps in our house, so I take a couple of minutes over this part!
Add the grated zucchini and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add sauces and rice and heat through.
Serve sprinkled with extra green onions (or not if your kids don’t do green bits).
- My son doesn’t do hamburgers, bolognaise etc, but we had major success with this recipe (and rice too!).
- The mince is broken down into small pieces and the saltiness of the bacon and sauces wins the kids over!
- Plenty of leftovers for lunches and reheats during the week.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.