- 400g tin whole tomatoes, strained
- 1 cup corn kernels (I used a tin and strained it)
- 400g tin kidney beans, strained
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1-2 rashes bacon, rind removed and diced
- 1-2 cups mozzarella
- 1 bag corn chips
Preheat your oven to 200°C, spray an oven tray with cooking spray and line with corn chips.
Cook the diced bacon until warmed through and set to one side.
In a large bowl, add strained tomatoes and crush with your hands to make a lumpy sauce. Add corn, beans, cumin, paprika onion flakes, salt, pepper and bacon pieces.
Give the mixture a good stir. You may need to drain a little of the liquid off, depending on your tomatoes.
With a slotted spoon, place mixture on top of the corn chips then follow with cheese.
Pop into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese melted.
- I designed this recipe for my three year old. I cook off the bacon, open the tins and he throws it all together.
- The spices can be pre-measured and put in a small bowl- much easier than measuring out with tiny hands helping.
- You can make this as one big dish or portion it out onto individual plates – just make sure they are oven proof!
- Once the cheese has melted, serve as is or add sour cream, guacamole and jalapenos for the adults.
- For the vegetarian option skip the bacon step.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.