No bake coconut and date balls
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups (200g) pitted dates
Place 2 cups of coconut and the dates into a blender or food processor.
Process on high speed for 3-4 minutes, pausing to scrape down sides as needed.
Remove from processor and roll teaspoon-sized balls. Roll in remaining 1 cup of coconut.
Pack in portions for snacks, to put in lunch boxes and keep on hand to satisfy a sweet tooth in a healthy way.
Find more After school snacks
- Buttermilk scones
- Bacon, cheese and avocado melts
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Lemonade scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Nut-free muesli bars
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Easy cinnamon and current scrolls
- The coconut in this recipe turns to cocoa butter as it is processed with the dates and binds them together.
- You can roll these in more crushed nuts, sesame seeds or even sifted cocoa powder.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.