Orange and cranberry truffles
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (125mL) cream
- zest of an orange, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup craisins (dried cranberries), chopped
Line a 15cm square cake tin with non stick baking paper or use a 15cm square silicon mould. Place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest and cranberries.
Pour into tin or mould and refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
Turn out onto a chopping board and cut into 36 small squares.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Absolutely delicious! If your kids prefer plain truffles, omit the zest and cranberries. Let’s be honest, keep them hidden until the kids have gone to bed, time for hot drink/night cap and treats time.
- Adore truffles, hate rolling them, so love this quick and easy recipe. But if you insist on rolling, refrigerate the mixture overnight and then roll teaspoonfuls into balls, roll in cocoa, chopped nuts or more melted chocolate.