Quinoa popcorn chicken
- 1/2 cup (85g) quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) stock
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Heat oven to 170°C (190°C fan-forced) and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
Place quinoa and stock into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork and allowing to cool.
Cut chicken into 2cm cubes.
Combine flour and onion powder together in a bag, add popcorn chicken and shake to cover.
Add popcorn chicken to beaten egg to cover then transfer to quinoa.
Roll popcorn chicken in quinoa and place on prepared baking tray.
Bake for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked and quinoa crust is crispy.
Find related quinoa recipes
- Crunchy quinoa salad
- Grilled asparagus and quinoa salad
- Hearty beef and quinoa stew
- How to cook quinoa
- Quinoa and apple porridge
- Quinoa calamari rings
- Quinoa cheeseburger with barbecue onions
- Quinoa salad
- Quinoa fried rice
- Quinoa is a nutritional powerhouse, high in protein, iron, fibre, vitamins B6 and B12 and minerals such as manganese, tryptophan and magnesium. It’s also a phytonutrient-rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- If you don’t have any quinoa, just replace it with dried breadcrumbs.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.