Salmon with miso noodle salad
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 270g soba noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 50g baby spinach, shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra
- 4 salmon fillets (approx. 125g each)
In a bowl, whisk miso, oils, vinegar and water.
Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place noodles in a large bowl with carrot, shallots, coriander and spinach. Pour over three-quarters of miso dressing and toss well.
Heat extra olive oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook salmon fillets, skin-side down, for three minutes. Turn and cook for a further minute.
Divide noodle salad between serving plates. Top with salmon fillets. Drizzle over remaining miso dressing.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad
- For an even bigger miso punch, try coating fillets with miso paste and baking them.
- Use whatever vegetables you like in the salad – shredded red capsicum, blanched broccoli or green beans would also be delicious.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.