Tuna and veggie stir fry
- 1 teaspoon oil (sesame oil if you have it)
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 185g can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped (optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced (optional)
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add bacon, stir fry for about 3 minutes until brown and starting to crisp. Add carrot, celery and zucchini, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Add tuna and soy sauce and stir well to combine, then stir through rice and cook until heated through. Serve topped with egg and green onion (if using).
- I love Chilli tuna, so I serve up the kids (and wussy grown-ups) first, then add the chilli tuna for the chilli-tolerant grown-ups.
- 1 cup of rice cooks up to 3-4 cups. Cook the rice the night before and store in the fridge to speed up cooking time.