Angry BirdsåÕ nest recipe
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 slice white bread
- filling of choice
- cheese discs (eyes)
- green beans (eyes)
- carrot pieces (beak)
- 2 grape tomatoes (feet)
Place the white bread disc over one of the wholemeal bread discs and, using a 9cm cutter, cut out the lower part of the birds face, carefully cutting through both pieces of bread.
Discard the large section from the white bread and the small section from the wholemeal bread.
Spread the whole round of wholemeal with your desired filling.
Place the cut wholemeal piece at the top of the disc and the small white cut section at the bottom to form the mouth/beak region.
Using cream cheese, glue the crusts on as eyebrows, the cheese discs plus green bean slices for eyes and the carrot pieces for the beak.
Line a lunch box with sprouts or crispy noodles to form a nest.
Place the Angry Bird sandwich over nest and finish with 2 grape tomatoes for feet.
Find related kids party recipes:
- Chicken sausage rolls
- Chocolate balloon bowls
- Frog in the pond cupcakes
- Funny face biscuits
- Tic toc tea cups
- Garden party cheesecake cupcakes
- Fairy birthday party cake
- Mini Hotdogs
- Party pizzas
- Use a favourite filling such as tuna and cream cheese, chicken and mayo, or ham and cheese.
- Use wholegrain breads with seeds to give an extra vitamin hit.
- This recipe was created by Rebecca Perry for GLAD.