Babaganoush Smokey eggplant dip
- 4 eggplants
- 6 garlic cloves,crushed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 220C. Cover an oven tray with baking paper.
Prick eggplants all over and roast for 35-40 mins Leave to cool. Slice off stem area and peel.
In a bowl with the eggplant add crushed garlic, lemon juice, tahini and salt.
Mix together with a fork until all ingredients are combined.
Serve with lebanese bread as a dip.
- DO NOT forget to prick those eggplants or they willl explode in your oven!
- This dip has a fantastic smokey taste and can be served on a mezze platter or with smoked salmon as an entree.
- Bottled lemon juice works very well if you dont have fresh or lemons are expensive.
- Tahina (also called tahini) is crushed sesame seed paste and can be found in the health foods section of your supermarket.
- I use the stab/stick mixer to blend this together for a smoother dip.
- You can also serve this on a plate with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil , a nice sprinkle of paprika or sumac and pita bread..
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.