Chicken and antipasto rice
- 1 cup (200g) brown rice
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 x 225g jar antipasto vegetables in oil
Place rice and 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to lowest setting, cover with a lid and allow to simmer until water has been completely absorbed, approximately 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice chicken fillets horizontally into thin escallops. Place in a bowl and pour over some of the oil from the antipasto, ensuring it is well coated.
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Fry chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
Remove vegetables from oil and dice. Pour one tablespoon of remaining oil into the frypan and add vegetables and cooked rice. Stir to combine and warm through.
Distribute rice between serving bowls and top with chicken.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Spiced yoghurt chicken with coriander rice
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- Antipasto is available in the supermarket. Alternatively, you could buy a selection from the deli.
- Substitute brown rice for white if you prefer.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.