Healthy pita pizzas
- 2 rounds pita or Lebanese bread
- 1/2 cup quick pizza sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 8 bambini (very small) bocconcini
- 1/2 red capsicum, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots (green onions), sliced
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Cover 2 pizza or baking trays with baking paper. Place bread on each and spread with quick pizza sauce.
Divide evenly and place cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, capsicum, mushrooms and shallots on the pizzas.
Bake for 10 minutes until the bread is just crispy on the edges and bocconcini is softened.
Scatter fresh basil over the top of each pizza and serve.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- This is a knife and fork pizza.
- This pizza is healthy and doesn’t have the high fat content of most regular pizzas. Just remember that the softer the cheese is, the fewer kilojoules it will contain.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.