Homemade brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
Place the brown rice in a food processor until it forms a powder.
In a small saucepan, bring rice powder and 2 cups of water to the boil while stirring constantly.
Place lid on saucepan and simmer on a low heat for ten minutes until you have a nice creamy consistency. You may need to add a little more water to adjust the consistency.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- You can process a few cups of rice to store in an airtight container for later.
- This rice cereal is a great way to make sure your baby is getting the required iron from first foods.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.