- 3 whole tomatoes
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- ¼-1/3 cup pickled jalapenos, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- 1 lime
Place tomatoes and onion in a small saucepan and fill with cold water, just covering the ingredients. Bring to the boil with the lid on. Once it reaches the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Strain excess liquid from tomatoes and onion, place in a food processor and add jalapenos, salt, garlic and coriander.
Blend until combined. Once combined, stop the motor and add juice of one lime, then pulse to combine. Check the seasoning then store in an airtight container or a glass jar.
- This salsa is a great sauce to have on hand if you like to spice things up a little. I add it to just about everything; it’s perfect with meats and vegetables, and I have even used it for an adult party dip.
- If you are not so keen on the spice, reduce the amount of jalapenos.
- It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks; however the chilli burst will begin to fade.