Lemon balsamic marinade for beef
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves or ½ a head garlic, roasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey, warmed
Whisk all ingredients, mashing roasted garlic in if using, until it becomes a smooth mixture. Ensure the marinade is completely cool before using.
Pour over beef you and marinate for at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
After cooking the beef, serve with lemon wedges.
- To roast garlic, drizzle half a head of garlic with half a teaspoon of olive oil and wrap tightly in foil. Place in an oven preheated to 180°C, and roast for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before using.
- If you don’t have time to roast garlic, 2 raw cloves chopped roughly can be used instead.
- We like to eat skirt or flank steak at home – it’s less expensive but really delicious. These cuts should either be cooked very quickly on the BBQ after marinating, or over a long period of time on low heat in a casserole.
- When serving steak, be sure to cut on the diagonal across the grain as this makes it easier to chew.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.