Pork sausages with fruity salad
- 8 good quality pork sausages (gluten-free)
- Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 apples, cored peeled and quartered
- 2 nectarines, de-stoned, diced
- ½ cup pecans
Spray frypan with Canola Oil Cooking Spray and warm over a medium heat. Cook sausages slowly until browned on all sides and cooked through. If you have very meaty sausages, this may take 15 minutes.
Meanwhile combine apples, nectarines and pecans in a bowl and carefully mix to combine.
Serve sausages with fruity salad.
- We recommend Dot’s Canola Oil Cooking Spray as it has no artificial flavours, added salt, colours or animal fats.
- While it looks like I am fabulously inventive with this salad, it really is a product of having to use what I had in the fridge because we had no power for 3 days. My husband’s assessment was, “this is very brave, but I think it works!”. You can’t ask for higher praise.
- For a party, barbecue the sausages, serve with the salad on the side or in bread for the less adventurous.
- I had wonderful Pork, fennel, orange and apple sausages from the local farmers market that had happily defrosted in the darkness of the silent fridge/freezer. Ideally, I would have made a salad with shaved fennel and orange, but needs must. Adapt the salad to your sausages.