- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup honeydew melon, peeled and chopped
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 260g (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 30ml sugar-free lime flavoured cordial
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Garnish with kiwifruit cut into Shamrock shapes and serve.
Find related green St Patrick’s Day recipes
- Basil pesto dip
- Chicken with pesto potatoes
- Green eggs and ham
- Pesto and cheese scrolls
- Pesto and parmesan muffins
- Creamy spinach soup
- Green smoothie
- Shamrock jellies
- The frozen banana gives this a much thicker consistency so donÛªt skip this step.
- If you canÛªt source these exact ingredients you can exchange some for other green fruit like grapes.
- IfåÊ you really need a green drink but you know your children wonÛªt be into this smoothie at all then you can make aåÊbanana smoothieåÊand add a few drops of natural green food colouring.
- If your children are not fans of spinach then it may be a good idea to hide it before they taste this. You canÛªt actually taste spinach in this smoothie at all.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New ZealandÛªs beståÊrecipe finder.