Slow cooker corned beef
- 1 piece corned silverside(11/2-2kg)
- 10 peppercorns
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- 10 cloves
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
Place the meat in the slow cooker and add all of the ingredients except for the onion and cloves.
Peel the onion leaving the root intact. Slice in half and push 5 cloves into each onion half. Place in slow cooker.
Pour enough hot water in to cover the meat.
Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low setting.
Find related recipes for the man of the house.
- Beer can chicken
- Beer batter fish
- Homestyle chips
- Slow cooker corned beef
- Chicken schnitzel
- Banana bread pie
- Caramelised onions
- This is perfect served with potatoes and cauliflower with white sauce.
- You can leave it to cool if you want really thin slices. It helps it stretch further.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.