- 4 sourdough rolls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 minute steaks
- garlic salt
- 4 tbsp aioli
- 1 red onion,sliced into rings
- 1 punnet mixed cherry tomatoes
- Mixed leaf lettuce
Preheat oven to 180C. In a small baking dish place the cherry tomatoes and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
While the tomatoes are roasting, sprinkle the minute steaks with garlic salt.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the steaks for 2 minutes a side.
Split the rolls and assemble in this order. Lettuce, steak, aioli, onion rings, warm cherry tomatoes with the top of the roll on last. Serve with shoestring fries.
- Be careful that those cherry tomatoes are not too hot when you serve them. They have a habit of bursting hot tomato juice when they are.
- Use the best store bought aioli you can get. Aioli is basically a garlic mayonaise and if I don’t have any I have been known to mix some minced garlic into good mayonaise.
- You should be able to get this on the table in under 20 minutes. It’s gourmet takeaway!
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.