Super-quick creamy pork fillet
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 800g (about 200g per person) pork fillet
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup craisins (dried cranberries), optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Slice pork fillet into rounds about 5mm thick. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat.
Melt butter in pan and fry pork for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown. Stir in mustard and sour cream and cook for about a minute to heat through.
Serve pork on a bed of steamed rice, sprinkled with cranberries (if using) and parsley.
- Necessity is the mother of invention and all that. I was hunting through the freezer looking for some of my homemade fish fingers for the kids and found a pork fillet I had bought on special and put away for just such a dinner crisis. Found a few other things in the fridge and tada, a fabulous new recipe.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.