Mini Mexican Meatloaf
Served with salad and guacamole these mini Mexican meatloaves will be a family favourite, with hidden vegetables and easy to pre prepare it’s a winner for the busy family with vege avoiding kids.
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1/2 brown onion finely diced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 sachet taco seasoning (30g)
- 1 bottle Mexican sauce (250g) or tinned tomatoes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°fan forced. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine all ingredients except for the mozzarella and salsa in a bowl using your clean hands.
Press the mixture evenly into the muffin tin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and spoon over Mexican sauce and sprinkle mozzarella on each mini meatloaf.
Return to oven and cook a further 8 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve with salad and guacamole.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot.
- My kids call these giant Nacho balls. They seem to be very popular at my house.
- If I know I will be running short of time at dinner , I make these right up to filling the muffin tin and refrigerate until I am ready to bake them.
- I have hidden carrots and zucchini in this mix often and the children rarely notice because of the sauce and cheese.