Chicken and corn soup
- 1L chicken stock (gluten-free)
- 500g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 x 420g cans creamed corn (gluten-free)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Pour the stock into a large heavy based saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add the chicken, reduce heat to a simmer and cook (well, poach, really) for 5 minutes.
Stir in creamed corn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Now for the fun bit, stir the soup quickly to get a whirlpool happening and then drizzle in the egg.
Keep stirring to make sure the egg separates into lovely little stringy bits; adding the egg thickens the soup nicely too.
- Its a recipe with only four ingredients a few more of these and I could write a book!
- I was mega-organised the day I made this soup (all done by lunchtime!) and was surprised that it reheated well for dinner that night and kept in the fridge for a few days for my lunch.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.