By using www.kidspot.co.nz, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site. If you have any questions or want to contact us, please email us.
Terms and Conditions
About the terms
Access to and use of www.kidspot.co.nz is provided by KidsNewZealand Ltd on the following terms:
By using www.kidspot.co.nz you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.kidspot.co.nz If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.kidspot.co.nz .
KidsNewZealand Ltd may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.kidspot.co.nz will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on www.kidspot.co.nz then the latter shall prevail.
Use of www.kidspot.co.nz
You agree to use www.kidspot.co.nz only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of www.kidspot.co.nz. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within www.kidspot.co.nz.
All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on www.kidspot.co.nz and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in KidsNewZealand Ltd or its licensors (which includes other users).
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.kidspot.co.nz content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.kidspot.co.nz content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of www.kidspot.co.nz content requires the prior written permission of KidsNewZealand Ltd.The names, images and logos identifying KidsNewZealand Ltd or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of KidsNewZealand Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of KidsNewZealand Ltd or any other third party.
Contributions to www.kidspot.co.nz and Kidspot media channels
By sharing any contribution (including any information, text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with www.kidspot.co.nz you agree to grant to KidsNewZealand Ltd free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it sees fit (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for KidsNewZealand Ltd services in any media worldwide. In certain circumstance KidsNewZealand Ltd may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with www.kidspot.co.nz
If you do not want to grant KidsNewZealand Ltd the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with www.kidspot.co.nz or Kidspot media channels.
The KidsNewZealand Ltd website
You agree to use www.kidspot.co.nz in accordance with the following rules. These apply across all KidsNewZealand Ltd owned sites and services.
- Contributions – comments, posts, shares etc. – must be legal which means that you may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material, promote an illegal act or violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of KidsNewZealand Ltd or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
Your KidsNewZealand Ltd Member Account
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
KidsNewZealand Ltd reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple KidsNewZealand Ltd accounts, or attempts to disrupt any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified).
KidsNewZealand Ltd reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any KidsNewZealand Ltd account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The majority of content posted in www.kidspot.co.nz community is created by independent authors. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of KidsNewZealand Ltd or www.kidspot.co.nz. Neither KidsNewZealand Ltd, or www.kidspot.co.nz are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on www.kidspot.co.nz or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through www.kidspot.co.nz . Any links to third party websites from www.kidspot.co.nz do not amount to any endorsement of that site by KidsNewZealand Ltd or www.kidspot.co.nz and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
www.kidspot.co.nz content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to KidsNewZealand Ltd, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, KidsNewZealand Ltd excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. KidsNewZealand Ltd does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by KidsNewZealand Ltd is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of KidsNewZealand Ltd for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
Nothing in these terms limits or excludes KidsNewZealand Ltd‘s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, KidsNewZealand Ltd shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.kidspot.co.nz regardless of the form of action.
KidsNewZealand Ltd does not warrant that functions available on www.kidspot.co.nz will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.kidspot.co.nz or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The failure or delay of KidsNewZealand Ltd to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive KidsNewZealand Ltd’s right to enforce that right.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Although we make every effort to ensure the information we provide is accurate and update, the information contained in this website is not intended and must not be taken to be the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions, concerns about your health or treatment or would like more information, contact your doctor. Always see your doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
Facebook promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to KidsNewZealand Ltd and not Facebook.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION ENTRY
By entering competitions on Kidspot.co.nz, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
Information on how to enter this KidsNewZealand Ltd Promotion and Prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry (Rules). These Rules apply to all KidsNewZealand Ltd Giveaways conducted by the Promoter (Promotion). Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Rules.
- The Promoter is KidsNewZealand Ltd, M1/4 Antares Place, Mairangi Bay, Auckland 0632 (Promoter).
- See competition page for Promotion Period stated at the bottom of each page.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants).
- To enter the Promotion and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must enter during the Promotion Period only.
- Each member may only enter competitions once unless otherwise stated.
- Follow the Competition Page instructions and comment accordingly.
- Liking and sharing the status update will not be considered an Eligible Entry.
- Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name.
- Employees of the Promoter, all employees of participating sponsors and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families (‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension) are not eligible to enter. By entering this Promotion you represent that you are eligible to enter.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or any network and/or server technical failure involved in any communication involving the Promotion.
- Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect entries or entries which fail to meet the Submission Guidelines set out below are invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any Eligible Entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with the Principal Terms and Conditions or these Rules.
- A random draw (Draw) for the Prize will take place within 7 days of the Competition closing.
- The Draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
- The first valid Eligible Entry Drawn will receive the Prize (Winner).
- The Winner will be notified by the Promoter by replying to their comment on the status or via email.
- By participating in this competition you agree to participate in any editorial activities relating to the competition (this may include being interviewed and photographed) without being entitled to any appearance fee.
- You must live in New Zealand to enter. Winner’s details (Name, Address, Email and Phone Number) may be passed onto a third-party for the purpose of facilitating the fulfillment of the prize. These details will not be used for any other purposes unless otherwise stated within the individual competition.
- Any competition may be altered, suspended or withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Prizes will be delivered to the Winners to an address in New Zealand within 4 weeks of the Draw. The prize will be delivered to a New Zealand street address .
- It is the responsibility of each member of KidsNewZealand Ltd to keep their details up-to-date on their profile.
- If, despite the Promoter’s reasonable efforts, a Prize is unclaimed or a Winner does not provide details for delivery within 7 days of the winning announcement, a new winner for the applicable prize will be drawn at random.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- KidsNewZealand Ltd is not liable in any way for any loss or damages including direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages and attorneys’ fees that may arise in connection with this or any competition run through Kidspot.co.nz to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, not delivered, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the Winners.
- KidsNewZealand Ltd reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who KidsNewZealand Ltd decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
By participating, entrants:
- Warrant that their entries do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party; and
- Grant KidsNewZealand Ltd permission to use their names, characters, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
Eligible Entries must not:
- Be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, general, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any dangerous activity;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about the Promoter or its products, other people, products or companies;
- infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and must not contain trade marks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind or contain any personal information, such as licence plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- must not contain copyrighted material owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- must not include images of corporate logos, trade mark, identities, or other proprietary materials owned by others such as television shows, magazines or web pages;
- must not contain materials embodying the names, likeness, photographs, or other indicia indentifying the person, living or dead;
- must not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate; and
- must not depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law
All entries become the property of the Promoter. Any personal information provided by entrants must be valid and up to date (at the time of entry, and until the Promotion’s completion), and will be held and used by KidsNewZealand Ltd for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes. Use and disclosure of personal information in such circumstances will be governed by the Privacy Act 1993 (as amended).
Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize.
The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. In the event that the Prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with this Promotion or as a result of accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, KidsNewZealand Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to amend, vary, suspend, extend, cancel or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
KidsNewZealand Ltd takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Acts of God or otherwise.
Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside KidsNewZealand Ltd control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, KidsNewZealand Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
In the event of a prize being lost or damaged in transit, it is at the discretion of Kidspot and/or associated parties to decide on a solution on a case-by-case basis.
If a prize is passed on to a third party, any warranties are void, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Product Trial Terms & Conditions:
You may register to take part in product trials with KidsNewZealand Ltd by commenting on individual product trial pages.
Kidspot Product Trials are open to Kidspot members age 18+ with a NZ residential address.
Our Editor will decide who is taking part in the trial based on; criteria set within the product trial group, past experience with users, and/or random selection. You are not guaranteed inclusion in any trial.
If you are selected to take part in a product trial you will receive an email from Kidspot confirming your selection. Your name, postal address, and contact phone number will be given to the supplier for the purpose of delivery of the product.
The product will be sent to the postal address provided in your Kidspot account. KidsNewZealand Ltd takes no responsibility for any lost items due to incorrect addresses provided.
If the product is to be redeemed by way of a voucher or online booking, your email address will be given to the supplier for them to provide you with instructions and/or product codes for redemption.
In the event of a product being lost or damaged in transit, it is at the discretion of Kidspot and/or associated parties to decide on a solution on a case-by-case basis.
If a product is passed on to a third party, any warranties are void, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
If you are selected to take part in a product trial you agree to post an in-depth review of the product, as set out in the review instructions provided by the Editor via email, within 2 weeks of receiving the product for review (unless stated otherwise). If you do not post your review you may receive reminder emails/texts. If you still fail to post your review, you may be asked to return the products to KidsNewZealand Ltd in order for another user to take part in the trial. If asked to return products due to lack of review or ineligibility, you are obligated to do so. If you fail to post adequate reviews, you may be excluded from future product trials.
By taking part in Kidspot Product Trials you agree to inclusion in our Kidspot Catch-Up email newsletter database to hear about future reviews and the latest news from Kidspot. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By taking part in our free product trials, you agree that any comments, images or videos provided during the course of the review may be promoted on the Kidspot NZ website and across Kidspot NZ social media channels including but not restricted to Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Promotion may include your username, initials, or first name, but no other personal information will be included. Reviewers also agree that comments, images, or videos may be used in the same way by the supplier of the product on their website and social media channels, including YouTube, for promotion of the product.
Subscribing to our email newsletters
Kidspot New Zealand will use the information you provide to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing by email. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with respect. By subscribing, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.