These festive sandwich stacks are versatile and fun for your Christmas table. They give a nice bit of height to the layout, as well as offering a fun, healthy food option.
Christmas Sandwich Stack
- Shooting star cookie cutter
- Star cookie cutters
- Wooden kebab skewer
- 1 loaf sliced bread
- thinly sliced deli meat of your choice (eg ham, prosciutto)
- frilly lettuce leaves
- red grapes or cranberries
- Cut slices of bread into different sizes - the top should be your standard cookie cutter size. Print and cut our star shapes to use as templates if you aren't comfortable with free hand.
- Wash and dry your lettuce leaves.
- Cut a cube of cheese for the bottom of the stack and insert your skewer.
- Construct your stack starting with a small bread star, then lettuce and meat. Repeat using your largest bread star, to the top of your stack
- Cut a shooting star shape with your cookie cutter (or any star shape) and insert into the top of the skewer. Decorate with red grapes or cranberries.