Promotion for Hellers
Hellers are here to make your life a whole lot easier and your dinner a lot yummier with their new range of Hellers Crafty Cooks Diced Chorizo and Bacon Strips.
Ready to eat, you can add these into your favourite dishes for quick and easy meals for your tribe. They’re in convenient twin packs so you can keep them fresher for longer.
They’re also Made in NZ and Gluten Free with no artificial colours or flavours. Unleash your inner chef and use these in frittatas, risottos, pastas, fried rice and salads, the list goes on!
Use Hellers Crafty Cooks Bacon Strips in this simple, colourful frittata that you can have on the table in under 30 minutes!
Summer Frittata with Bacon Strips
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 courgette
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 100 grams feta roughly crumbled by hand
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 sml bunch flat leaf parsley destalked and roughly chopped
- 1 sml bunch chives finely chopped
- 1 pack Hellers Bacon Strips
- 1 tbsp oil
- Reserve some chopped chives and flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Favourite chutney
- Preheat oven 180C
- Slice the courgette very thinly lengthways (use a mandolin if you have one)
- Whisk together the eggs and sour cream in a medium bowl, add the lemon zest and chopped herbs (reserving a little for garnish). Season with sea salt and cracked pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large deep sided fry pan with the oil over medium heat, add the bacon strips and fry for a few minutes tossing them with a fish slice.
- Now pour the egg mix into the pan and work quickly placing in the courgette strips and feta.
- Allow the mixture to cook for a 2-5 mins until the sides start to set and you can see areas starting to set in the middle. Place into the oven and bake until set and golden on top approx. 10 mins.
- Serve with a garden salad or a quick tomato and fresh basil salad