- 1 kg chicken breast mince
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup pasta sauce (1/2 for the meatloaf and ½ for the glaze)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the chicken mince, parmesan cheese, ½ cup pasta sauce, egg, breadcrumbs and some freshly ground salt and pepper.
Form into a loaf shape and tip into the pan. Pat into an even shape and cover with the remaining ½ cup of pasta sauce.
Bake for 50-55 mins. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- This meatloaf is delicious just as it is – sliced and served simply with steamed vegetables.
- You can use any leftover pasta sauce to pour over the hot slices. I just gave mine a minute in the microwave so it was warm.
- This is meatloaf is delicious served on sandwiches the next day with mayonnaise.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find more mince recipes
- Mince chow mein
- Stuffed jacket potatoes
- One-pot beefy macaroni
- Friday takeaway hamburgers recipe
- Mince pie pops